For those who are looking to buy a new pair of quality earbuds without breaking the bank, the JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones would be a fantastic choice to consider. This model is a newly improved version of the old JBuds J2. For $20, you can get richly-featured earbuds that deliver remarkable bass and impressive treble extension.
- Driver: 8mm well-balanced micro drivers
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 16 ohm +/- 15% at 1 kHz
- Ear Cushion: Silicone
- Cord length: 120 +/- 7 cm
- Cord Material: Transparent TPU
- Cord diameter: 1.8 +/- 0.1mm to 1.35 +/- 0.05 X2mm
- Normal Input: 1mW
- Plug Type: 3.5mm Stereo Gold Plug
- Maximum Power: 3mW
- Channel Balance: <5% at 1mW 1KHZ
Major Features of JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones
- The JBuds J3 Micro Atomic comes with aluminum housing with well-balanced full spectrum micro drivers that produce a detailed acoustic performance.
- The earbuds deliver dynamic soundstage and impressive audio with crisp highs, deep, mids, and well-controlled bass.
- Gold-plated 3.5mm audio jack to ensure sound connection when using it with your audio device, or other portable media player.
- The package includes a good-looking carrying case, and 4 different sizes of soft silicone eartips for comfortable, noise isolating fit.
Cons. Although the overall sound quality and unique design of the JBuds J3 are sure to attract many consumers, the earbuds’ imposing treble extension may also discourage some users. Yet again, evaluating sound quality is subjective and many consumers will surely find these $20 headphones worth the money.
Another reason not to like the JBuds J3 is that that they amplify a minor static and hiss through the radio. You may not also like the smaller housings, and the massive driver flex.
Pros. The JBuds J3 is a step up from the previous J1 and J2 series. This model offers a revolutionary pair of JBuds earphones that many users will certainly like, especially if they have used the formers series in the past. The aluminum housing of the J3 is quite nice to the touch, which adds to buds’ appeal.
The bass presence is definitely fine but not as strong as the previous JLabs model like the J2. But with proper seal, you can hear a more impactful bass than tone. The treble signature of J3 can be harsh at first but should even out after some hours of use.
As for noise isolation, the JBuds J3 provides an above average isolation of the outside noise, which makes these earbuds a good companion for your travels.
Should You Buy Them?
The JBuds J3 Micro Atomic would be a perfect option to go if you’re considering an upgrade from your iPod’s standard headphones, most especially when you are seeking for best budget in-ear headphones. Overall, from sound quality, price, design, and comfort, the JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones offers a great value for your money.